Individual Counselling for Depression and Low Mood
Approximately 5 to 11% of Canadians experience depression each year (Statistics Canada, 2020). It is not uncommon for most people to feel down or depressed at some point in their lives. Sometimes, we can trace it back to certain situations we have experienced. Other times, it feels as though it has come out of the blue.
Some common signs of depression and low mood include:
- losing your interest or motivation
- changes in your sleep and appetite
- feeling tired all the time
- finding it hard to concentrate
- wanting to isolate or withdraw from others
While feeling sad and down is a normal feeling that we have all experienced, if these symptoms are lasting for weeks and you find that they are interfering with your work, relationships or other aspects of your life, it can be very helpful to address this in counselling.